RPi connected printer not appearing in list

I’ve got a Raspberry Pi 2 model B loaded with the latest image 6.0.1.4 non-generic. The Pi boots up fine and can ping URL’s. When I open up the active printers screen I don’t see the Pi listed, nor the printer it is hooked up to. I tried first with a Prusa i3 mk2, then with a Makerbot Replicator 2. Funny enough, I can see the Pi in the remote terminals section and can even SSH into it. Maybe there’s a driver issue with the Pi communicating to the printer?

I found a workaround by flashing a flavor of Ubuntu, Ubuntu Mate, onto the Pi and then installing the debian client. The OS is very slow but connects and prints fine. Would still love a solution on the RPi flash b/c that will work quicker and be easier to set up.

Hello. We can try to use remote assistance to find a problem. Is RPI currently working? I can see some RPI with online U2+ printer on it. You can try to enter RPI’s IP in browser (or IP:8008 if just IP will not work) to open 3dprinteros client web interface and use Report Problem button from it to send client logs to us so we can check it.

I think it was an issue on my end not being familiar with RPIs. I might try again soon and will update you.

I’m having the same issue. My Raspberry pi running a fresh 3D printeros requested image is able to ping addresses but it wont show up on my printer list. Please help.

I fixed it. My printer USB cable wasn’t connected. Typing in the IP address into the web browser allowed me to be informed of this.