What types of Web Cameras does 3DPrinterOS support?

The whole series of Logitec cameras was tested in the lab and should work without problems. c270, c350, c525, c910, c920, c930, etc.
The best wide angle/price/value ratio is still Genius Widecam 1050/F100 !

1 Like

Try to add support for IP Cameras/rtsp streams

Charles,

This is very disappointing news. Since 3DPrinterOS doesn’t support a raspberry pi camera module I will be looking at competitors that do, such as PrintToPeer. Being able to use the camera module is of the upmost importance to me as well as others. I would hope that you guys prioritize this feature on your roadmap. I will be expressing my thoughts to John Dogru as well.

The Raspberry Pi camera is something we are considering adding in the future but at this time we have other projects with higher priority.

If you need it for a specific project we could move that timeline up. If you have any questions you can reach me personally via email or skype (username: amr05008).

+1 to Raspberry Pi original camera support (which involves Pi NoIr infrared camera as well). It is an essential accessory (already supported by non-cloud OctoPrint etc.). Thank you in advance to give it higher priority. I will be back then with my Printrbot Simple Metal for further tests. :wink:

Thank you for the feedback! We will probably add experimental support of the RPI camera this week or the next.

1 Like

That sounds great Oscar! Please keep me informed.

1 Like

Another +1 for PiCam support please.

1 Like

Thats great news but how do i make it work? I thought it would be as simple as ‘Setup Camera’ then ‘Restart Camera’ in the client software but no joy.

Anyone using a Logitech Quick Cam (V-UAP42)? It is an older webcam but I am hoping it will work. I found a bunch of them.

I am curious about this as well, have you had any luck enabling the raspberry pi camera module?

i’m using Genius 120-degree Ultra Wide Angle from Amazon, picture quality is awesome but I get a lot of drop outs in the live view… I frequently have to go into the settings and reset the camera module to see the image… Wish it was more stable…

I am using a Logitech C200 camera. The camera light turns on when I connect it to the Raspberry Pi, but when I click Live View on 3DprinterOS, all I get is a small black rectangle in the corner of the window. Has anyone had similar problems?

Hey, this happens, we are looking into the issue. HD camera is still an experimental feature.

Hello. We have fixed this small black rectangular (it was a bug when printer was offline and camera mode was hdcam). Please test it and let us know

Is the Raspi camera supported now on the Pi3?

I have the c920 installed in windows 10 and it’s not working. all I get is snow.

Did you try switching between Dual camera/Multi camera and resetting the camera module?

I actually got it to work now in hd mode. I’m using a small MeeGoTab computer stick that only has one usb port (used by the printer) and I was plugging into a secondary OTG type usb port. Camera started working after adding a power usb hub to the setup.

Now I have an issue with the profile live stream? while the camera works everywhere in the dashboard, when I try adding it to the live stream it reports “You have no live video to share. Please go to settings of your printer, and select a camera for the printer”

I also noticed that my dashboard profile lists wrong printers.