Estimated Time vs Actual Time Accuracy

Good Day,

Does anyone have any tips on adjusting the estimating in any way to that the estimated vs actual is a little closer? It seems that my actuals are nearly double the estimate in almost every print. Can anyone offer any insight on if I have any control on the estimating?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,
We’re working on our end to make our algorithms more accurate. Adjusting infill, resolution, shell thickness and print speed settings will change print time estimates but overall we’re tracking the estimated time vs. actual time so we can also improve our own algorithms for accuracy!

Thanks Aaron! Makes total sense can improve the estimate without the data :smile: Appreciate all the hard work that has gone and is going into this product…

Cheers to great print jobs

Dan

1 Like

Actually, it seems much better now. Since the update that changed the Toolpath Viewer, my times have been very accurate. I think this had to do with the inconsistencies with the print speed. Now my prints have consistent speeds for all layers and my times are almost spot on; within minutes instead of hours. I have not tested this with a very long print yet, but my most recent ones (around 4-5 hours) have been super close.

1 Like

That’s great to hear Tucker!
Keep us updated on the results.
Happy printing!